sigtrap? (how to update texture coord)

Dongbai Guo dbg at cs.brown.edu
Fri Jul 23 17:20:01 EDT 1999

I would like to update the texture coordinates for a polydata, e.g. to
do the following:

 vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter *  ds_mesh ;
 vtkPoints * points= ds_mesh->GetOutput()->GetPoints();
 int npts= points->GetNumberOfPoints();

 // for each point, update its texture coordinates ...

 // ds_mesh pass its output to a  mapper
 // render

However, I get sigtrap each time I am trying to find number of points.
It appears to me that points points to non-valid address.

if I comment out the update texture coordinates code, let the pipe line
run as before, no error occurs.

My question is: can you update the texture coordinate once polydata is in
the visualization pipeline? (not in source )
If you can,  filters such as decimate or smooth does not update texture
coordinate themselves, how can I update it, should the update code be
reside in excute() function instead?

Please help, thanks!

Good luck!

Dongbai