BMP reader problems

Harrow, Matthew MHarrow at carolinas.org
Tue Jul 20 08:39:15 EDT 1999

I am having strange difficulties with the BMP reader. I am trying to create
a contoured volume from BMP images. There are a couple of images of the
volume that when contoured with marching cubes they produce hundreds of
contour points from black parts of the image. The values of these points
should be far below the threshold value of the contour and should not be
contoured. If I change the three digit extension of the files (ex. from .11
- .15 to  .1 - .5 ) the random points no longer get contoured. I have
printed out some of the rgb values of the images and am finding that
somewhere in the processing pipeline the red and blue values are getting
changed.

I am using vtk2.2 on a PC with Win95 and VC++5.0.

Any thoughts???

-Matt

Matthew E. Harrow
Orthopaedic Engineering