vtkXYPlotActor -- x values

Stephen Bardsley bardsley at taconic.net
Mon Jul 19 13:03:36 EDT 1999

Greetings,

If possible, I would like to use vtkXYPlotActor to display a cross
section of a surface using TCL.  The plot would display Z (elevation)
vs. X at specified  Y positions.  The number of X's would not be constant
nor would their values.  Also, the X values can be + or -.

In my prototyping thus far I have not been able to set up the data
and/or the X axis to plot + and - X values.

Here is what I am seeing:

 1 |           -           -
   |             \       /
 0 |              \     /
   |               -----
-1 +-----+-----+-----+-----+
  -2    -1    0     1     2

Here is what I would like to see:

 1 +--                    --
   |   \                /
 0 +     \            /
   |       ----------
  -2    -1    0     1     2

I would appreciate any suggestions, alternate approaches, etc.

Regards,
Steve

----
Stephen Bardsley