sphere benchmarks on VTK Quality WinNT machine

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Tue Jul 6 12:38:00 EDT 1999

I believe we ordered it directly from 3D Labs.  I believe it was $225 (US). While the performance is
not ground shaking, it is approximately as fast as the AccelEclipse II board which cost around $1200
(US)  fifteen months ago.  Also, the Permedia 3 board is about twice as fast (on our tests ) as the
old FireGL 1000 boards.

The Permedia 3 board is supposed to support OpenGL 1.2, but we do not have OpenGL 1.2 dll's or
include files.  We are trying to track these down.  The performance may change under OpenGL 1.2,  If
the driver/libraries are updated, I'll resubmit the performance numbers.

Jim