COM/ActiveX

Jonathan Boarman jonathan at cyberramp.net
Mon Jul 5 14:05:09 EDT 1999

Thanks for the lecture Michael!  Anyway...if anyone has some ideas or wish
to start a set of COM wrappers for VTK, I'm game.  Many of us would benefit
greatly from such a thing.  I know TCL/TK is something some guys are
passionate about, but a COM wrapper would make the VTK more extensible to
other scripting languages such as perlscript, jscript, vb/vbscript, etc.

If there is enough interest, I'd like to make it official.  So, everyone
that is interested in a COM wrapper please email the list or email me
personally.  Lot's of work needs to be done to structure the wrapper most
efficiently, so please email your comments on this also.  If anyone can host
the site dedicated for this, please volunteer; otherwise, I'll figure
something out.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Jonathan Boarman