Q: vtkMultiThreader. Threads. How to use? Example?

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jul 1 12:20:07 EDT 1999

Nigel,

Thanks sounds like an interesting application!

>No problem yet using four such 32-bit windows, each on their own
>thread.  When multiple CPUs are available, this arrangement makes
>for a rich GUI experience  :-)

Do you run this on multiple processor platforms? Keep in mind that the data
write/write or write/read access conflicts in multithreading won't
generally occur when you have multiple threads on the same processor, but
will more likely occur when those threads are running on different
processors. Not that I am saying that you necessarily have any problems - I
am just pointing out that the fact that it runs fine on one processor does
not imply that it will run fine on multiple processors.

Lisa