vtkVolume

Tony Rudd tonyrudd at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 19:23:56 EDT 1999

I working with vtkVolumeRayCastFunction.  Instead of rendering (like in
the examples)
onto the "visible" Window, I would like to render onto a 2-D image
where there I could apply some of the vtk
imaging routines to it.

So my question is:  How can I ray-cast a volume to a projected plane
without
drawing on the Window AND have direct access to the projected image, ie
a pointer to the image.

    VolumeProperty = vtkVolumeProperty::New();
        VolumeProperty->ShadeOn();
        VolumeProperty->SetInterpolationTypeToNearest();
        VolumeProperty->SetColor(gtfun);

    MipFunction = vtkVolumeRayCastMIPFunction::New();

    VolumeMapper = vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New();
        VolumeMapper->SetScalarInput(pDocVol16Reader->GetOutput());
        VolumeMapper->SetVolumeRayCastFunction(MipFunction);
        VolumeMapper->SetSampleDistance(1.0);

    Volume = vtkVolume::New();
        Volume->SetVolumeMapper(VolumeMapper);
        Volume->SetVolumeProperty(VolumeProperty);

       Props->AddItem(Volume);
       //  WOULD LIKE to render onto a image!!!
       //  NOT render on the screen

thanks

tony

Tony Rudd