No subject

Peter.Vanroose at esat.kuleuven.ac.be Peter.Vanroose at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Dec 16 05:55:50 EST 1999

> It seems to me that the most logical way would be to derive a class from
> vtkPolyData. This however causes some difficulties:
> - When I send such an object through a vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter, the
> output is vtkPolyData, so I've lost the extra information..

This is only a problem when the vtk filter creates a new object, not if it
changes your object.

Even it the former case, this can still work if you create a "wrapper filter"
around vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter which, after calling the vtk filter,
creates a derived class object and fills back in the extra data.

> - defining a class that has a member of type vtkPolyData. I send this member
> through the filter, and catch the output.

This is indeed the most natural second choice.

	Peter Vanroose.