Putting Text Overlays on windows

James L. Preston jlp at apti.com
Tue Dec 14 16:34:25 EST 1999

I am trying to put some text on some 3D plots that I have generated
with vtk. I got the user's guid, which discusses the vtkTextMapper, etc.

which I can't seem to find in my distribution. I have been using
VectorText and the PolyDataMapper, butthis is getting kind of
nasty as I have an image that is created by placing the camera in
a special position and manipulating the front and back clipping planes
to "slice" my data.  I would really like to just draw text to the
window.
Is this still supported? (I am using C++, not Tcl)

Also, Is there a way to control the scale of all actors placed in
a renderer? I have set up several viewports, and I want the actors
in some of the viewports to not fill up the viewport (to leave room
for some text) I have SetScale() on each of the actors, to shrink
things,
but it seemed that there might be a better way.

THanks in advance,
jlp