Changes tcl example scripts

william e lorensen lorensen at esopus.crd.ge.com
Fri Dec 10 15:12:54 EST 1999

Folks,
  We have changed all the tcl scripts in the examplesTcl directories
so that they do not depend on a specific directory tree layout.

To do this, we added two environment variables:

1) VTK_TCL, if defined, should point to the vtk/examplesTcl
directory. If it is not defined, it defaults to ../../examplesTcl

2) VTK_DATA, if defined, should point to the vtk data directory.  If
it is not defined, it defaults to ../../../vtkdata

This means that you can write or use examples from any directory, an
point to the data on the cdrom or in some other tree.

Likewise, the tcl examples you writedo not have to sit in the normal
vtk tree.

We plan to fix the C++ examples to look for data in the VTK_DATA path.

Maybe, someone will want to do the same for python.

Bill