Has anyone had experience reading PLY files?

Pieper, Chris cpieper at kcc.com
Tue Dec 7 17:03:27 EST 1999

I would like to read some PLY format (ref:
http://www.cica.indiana.edu/graphics/object_specs/PLY.format.txt
<http://www.cica.indiana.edu/graphics/object_specs/PLY.format.txt>  ) files
into vtk.  Cyberware (as in laser scanners) uses PLY as one of their scan
outputs -- I'm aware of vtkCyberReader, but this (I believe) is intended to
work with Cylindrical data (I have Cartesian data).

Before I bother my friend Tom to write a PlyReader, I thought I'd ask the
list if one exists.

Thanks!

Chris Pieper
cpieper at kcc.com