Configuration problem Linux/vtk2.4

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Fri Dec 3 15:50:24 EST 1999

Hi Markus,

This is a very common problem, and has been fixed since vtk2.4.  Here is
the fix:

Edit wrap/Makefile.in and remove the '-lm' directive
from all lines which have a '.o' target, e.g. change

vtkParse.o: $(srcdir)/vtkParse.tab.c $(srcdir)/lex.yy.c
        $(CC) $(C_FLAGS) -I. -c -o vtkParse.o $(srcdir)/vtkParse.tab.c -lm

vtkParse.o: $(srcdir)/vtkParse.tab.c $(srcdir)/lex.yy.c
        $(CC) $(C_FLAGS) -I. -c -o vtkParse.o $(srcdir)/vtkParse.tab.c

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group