Capping

Uwe Koehler uk at skull.dcn.ed.ac.uk
Wed Dec 29 08:51:28 EST 1999

Hi everybody!

I am trying to reconstruct a surface from noisy 3D data. I already know
that the surface must be within 2 voxels of filtered data. Using this, I can
construct a worst case limit. This results in an unstructured grid. Based on
scalar data for every point in the unstructured grid, I would like to contour
a better approximation of the surface. Due to the noise, the contour
surface is not always within the 2 voxel limit. Can I have a general and
oddly shaped capping surface for the contour? In the end I want the
contour within the unstructured grid or the surface of the grid to fill out
those regions where the contour and the grid surface intersect.

It is not a simple case of capping the top and bottom. Maybe someone
can help me?

Cheers
                   Uwe

  |  Dipl.-Phys. Uwe Köhler      The University of Edinburgh,       |
  |                              Department of Medical Physics and  |
  |          ////                  Medical Engineering.             |
  |         (@ @)                Phone: +44 131 537 2664            |
  | <URL:http://www.ed.ac.uk/~ukoehler>   <mailto:U.Koehler at gmx.de> |