extract outline from unstructured grid

Victor ALDEA valdea at mrco2.carleton.ca
Wed Aug 25 08:07:39 EDT 1999

At 12:58 AM 8/25/99 -0700, Uwe Kroiss wrote:
>Hi VTK-users!
>
>I need to extract the outline (edges) of an
>unstructured grid (mesh of tetrahedrons).
>Is there an easy way of doing that?

Try this:

    #OutlineFilter
    vtkUnstructuredGridReader reader$filename
        reader$filename SetFileName $filename
    vtkOutlineFilter outline$filename
       outline$filename SetInput [reader$filename GetOutput]
    vtkPolyDataMapper outlineMapper$filename
       outlineMapper$filename SetInput [outline$filename GetOutput]
    vtkActor outlineActor$filename
       outlineActor$filename SetMapper outlineMapper$filename
       [outlineActor$filename GetProperty] SetColor 1 1 1

	Victor