unresolved external _declspec ....vtkCamera

yi dingrong yidingr at cim.mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 24 18:52:24 EDT 1999

Hello everybody,

I am trying to run Cone2cxx with Microsoft Visual C++6.0. I included  the vtkdll.lib already (thanks Paul, Brian, L.J. van, Ruijven, Asad for help). But I still got one linking error like this:

linking...
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring /EDITANDCONTINUE due to /INCREMENTAL:NO specification
Cone2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkCamera::Azimuth(double)" (__imp_?Azimuth at vtkCamera@@QAEXN at Z)
Debug/Cone2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

 (1) why ?
(2)Why it is impossible to add the vtkdll.lib as this: D:\Program Files\vtk24\lib\vtkdll.lib (this cause problem like: can not open file D:\Program.obj)?
Alternately, I have another copy of this vtkdll.lib under this path: D:\WINNT\system\vtkdll.lib. I add the vtkdll.lib with this path.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Dingrong Yi
Electrical Engineering Department
McGill University