Perspective vs parallel projection

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Aug 23 15:09:06 EDT 1999

Hi Paul,

It is possible to make things on the focal plane be the same size in
perspective as they would be in parallel, but off course things off the
focal plane vary in size based on distance in perspective, and don't do
that in parallel. Also, when interacting in parallel, the camera does not
move - so when you switch back to perspective you are back where you were.
You would not want the camera to move in parallel since it would start
clipping into objects which would seem strange.

Lisa