Q: How to display vertices only as simple 3D-points?

Mirco Mueller mirco at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 18 10:10:59 EDT 1999

Greetings VTK-gurus!

    I am _very_ new to vtk (-> version 2.0) and I would like to figure
out how to display a set of about 3000 3D-points just as simple
points... a la OpenGL GL_POINTS. All I managed to accomplish sofar, was
to alter the fly.cxx demo to display the points. But in this demo the
sample points are rendered as spheres. This is way to much geometrical
data rendered.

    I read in the points with vtkPoints()->InsertNextPoint. But which
class do I have to use to make my vtkActor() render itself only as a set
of simple 3D-points?

Thanks in advance for Your time and kind advice!

Ciao...

Mirco