Animation shows screen saver

John Shalf jshalf at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 5 13:22:54 EDT 1999

I've put vtkOpenGLOffscreenRenderWindow source code at
	ftp://bach.ncsa.uiuc.edu/outgoing/vtkOffScreen.tar.gz
I'll write up a webpage about it soon, but the README file should tell a
good part of the story.  If you compile with -DUSE_PIXMAP it will work
(slowly) on most unix/GL/X11 platforms (you can use the Win32 offscreen
renderer for non-unix/X11 rendering).  However using PIXMAPS will cause
the GL implementation to revert to software rendering on most
platforms.  If you compile with -DUSE_PBUFFER, it will use SGI's
hardware frambuffer (pixelbuffer) on most contemporary SGI systems.
This is considerably faster than software.

Please tell me if you find any bugs (not flames).  I'd release more
stuff if I didn't get flamed so badly when people find bugs.

-john