Ultra sound 3D images

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Tue Aug 3 12:13:46 EDT 1999

Hi Dorian,

I'm doing 3D ultrasound as well.  My approach was to use
vtkImageData to hold both the initial images and the
reconstructed volume.  I made a vtkImageFilter to handle
the reconstruction.

There is nothing 'unstuctured' about the initial ultrasound
images, they are simply a series of images indexed from 0 to n.
I use a separate vtkDoubleArray as a table to convert each
index 0 through n to an angle.

 - David

P.S.  If you're interested, I have a VTK video input class
(vtkRealtimeImageSource) for Windows95/98/NT at
ftp://home/ftp/pub/dgobbi/vtkRealtimeImageSource.tar.gz
I'll be releasing a new version after VTK 3.0 comes out.

--David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group