A structured grid that "wraps"

Bryan VanDeVen bryanv at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 2 17:56:13 EDT 1999

Joey Mukherjee wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a structured grid which I want to "wrap" around.  In other words, the
> i(n) element's neighbor is also i(1).  Does this make sense?  If so, is it
> possible?
>
> The reason I ask is I am constructing surfaces which create spheres.  The sphere
> always has a notch cut out of it where (I am assuming) the grid starts and ends.
>
> Thanks for any input!

I had a similar problem collecting radial data into cylinders.  I never
really got a good answer. In end I just ended up duplicating the first
plane in the grid and making it an "n+1" grid, coincident with the
first, so that it started and ended at the same geometric coordinates.
This won't make the points topologically connected, but it will get rid
of the notch.

--
Bryan Van de Ven
Applied Research Labs