Refresh under MFC or wxMSW

Brian Alexander Todd bat5 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Aug 25 22:48:01 EDT 1999

Dear vtkers with MFC or wxWindows expertise/interest,

I am working on a a vtkRenderWindow for wxWindows on Win95.
Using vtkOpenGLWin32RenderWindow I can easily
get the window drawn in my wxFrame by SetWindowId(HWND ...).
This works beautifully.  The only problem I am having is
that after the window becomes obscured by another window
or goes off the edge of the screen it goes to background
and doesn't redraw.

I am unfamiliar windows programming and need a bit of
help.  What action am I to take to get the window redrawn.
Is there somekind of OnExpose method or something I haven't
overridden?  The wxWindows classes are extremely similar to
MFC so anyone with experience there could probably help me.

On the otherhand perhaps I haven't handed off the pixel info
from the Win32OpenGL to my window properly?

Thanks so much,
Brian Todd

  \       |   Brian Todd                email: bat5 at po.cwru.edu |       /
   \      |   N.O.B.L.                 office: (216) 791-2407   |      /
    \     |   C.W.R.U.                   home: (216) 368-4209   |     /
    /     |   Cleveland, OH 44106         fax: (216) 368-4969   |     \