vtkAppendPolyData

Kenneth Wang kenwang at leland.Stanford.EDU
Tue Aug 24 15:39:49 EDT 1999

Hello,

When running the following script, I get different results under vtk
2.2 versus 2.4.  Can somebody tell me why?

Thanks,
Ken W.

script
------
vtkPolyDataReader rdr
  rdr SetFileName /tmp/test.vtk    ;# file has 192 points
  rdr Update

vtkAppendPolyData app
  app AddInput [rdr GetOutput]

puts "pd:  [[rdr GetOutput] GetNumberOfPoints]"
puts "app: [[app GetOutput] GetNumberOfPoints]"

app Update
puts "app: [[app GetOutput] GetNumberOfPoints]"

vtk-2.2 output
--------------
pd:  192
app: 0
app: 192

vtk-2.4 output
pd:  192
app: 0
app: 0

ERROR In vtkAppendPolyData.cxx, line 253
vtkAppendPolyData (0x1aa8c8): No data to append!