[vtk-developers] [ANNOUNCE] New module system landing

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jan 15 16:11:10 EST 2019

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 14:23:53 -0500, Ben Boeckel via vtk-developers said:

>  - Changed cache variables:
>    * Module and group flags:
>      - `Module_<MMM>` -> `VTK_MODULE_ENABLE_<MMM>`
>      - `VTK_Group_<MMM>` -> `VTK_GROUP_ENABLE_<MMM>`

I'll updated my buildbot scripts with the above (and below) renames.

>      - Values are no longer boolean, but instead 5-state:
>        * `YES`: Must be built
>        * `NO`: Must not be built (turns off modules requiring it;
>          errors if required by a `YES` module)
>        * `WANT`: Build if possible
>        * `DONT_WANT`: Build only if necessary
>        * `DEFAULT`: Use group (for modules) and `VTK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES`
>          instead

So they are strings I guess?

>      - `VTK_USE_SYSTEM_<MMM>` -> `VTK_MODULE_USE_EXTERNAL_<MMM>`
>        Third party modules which don't support an external version no
>        longer have an option available.

This new string is so long that in ccmake I only see:

 VTK_MODULE_USE_EXTERNAL_VTK_do  *OFF
 VTK_MODULE_USE_EXTERNAL_VTK_ei  *OFF
 VTK_MODULE_USE_EXTERNAL_VTK_ex  *OFF
 VTK_MODULE_USE_EXTERNAL_VTK_fr  *OFF

Is there anyway to resize those columns?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com