[vtk-developers] Building VTK Master (8.90)

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:03:58 EST 2019

Also fixed the errors:
    usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSM.so: undefined reference to
`uuid_unparse_lower at UUID_1.0'
    /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSM.so: undefined reference to
`uuid_generate at UUID_1.0'

by adding -luuid to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

Regards
   Andrew

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 8:39 AM Andrew Maclean <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for that advice.
> FYI: The PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH is in Ungrouped Entries.
>
> Regards
>    Andrew
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 2:05 AM Dan Lipsa <dan.lipsa at kitware.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:23 AM Andrew Maclean <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In summary, I get a build on Ubuntu 18.10 with just the defaults and
>>> these changes:
>>> VTK_ENABLE_GROUP_QT->WANT
>>> VTK_MODULE_ENABLE_VTK_RenderingFreeType DEFAULT->NO
>>> VTK_WRAP_PYTHON on
>>> VTK_PYTHON_VERSION 3
>>> VTK_SMP_IMPLEMENTATION_TYPE TBB
>>>
>>> In VTK/lib there is a python2.7 folder. Given that I built for Python
>>> 3.7.1, is this folder name correct?
>>>

>> I've seen the same behavior. For some reason
>> PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH
>> points to the python2 executable instead of python3.
>> A workaround is to change it to point to the correct python and that
>> fixes the problem.
>> I have not looked into why the variable is set this way.
>>
>> Dan

> Andrew J. P. Maclean

Andrew J. P. Maclean