[vtk-developers] Slight behavioral change in WhatModulesVTK.py (new module system)?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Fri Jan 11 11:47:23 EST 2019

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 17:41:09 +0100, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> Nothing surprising, except:
>
>   vtkRenderingFreeTypeFontConfig
>   vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2
>
> These are present before, but has no corresponding lines after the
> merge. We make use of both.
>
> Any ideas Ben? Is this expected or is there something fishy here.

If the headers are not included explicitly, the script will miss it. I
think the right way to do this would be to collect `IMPLEMENTABLE` and
`IMPLEMENTS` bits and warn that modules which have object factories may
be missing implementations (with hints as which modules implement each
module with).

There had been "magical" knowledge embedded in the script that I removed
in commit 9437f76db782c48ebaae303c0e2f472147a3e712.

Another (future) enhancement would be to have it work with an installed
VTK (or any other VTK-module providing package really) rather than
forcing a VTK source tree to be present. It also wouldn't hint modules
which were not built. This is a much harder problem since it would need
to parse and understand CMake code.

--Ben