[vtk-developers] Missing Includes with new module system

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:10:30 EST 2019

I have over 1000 C++ examples. The cmakelists.txt file on the web page
for each example is generated from a template file. So I can fix it
for all web but it is ugly...

Here is the working, general cmakelists.txt file:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.8)

PROJECT(ReadOBJ)
Find_package(VTK CONFIG)
if (VTK_VERSION VERSION_LESS "8.90")
  # old system
  Find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
  include(${VTK_USE_FILE})
  # modules are linked via `vtkCommonCore`
  # VTK_DEFINITIONS has autoinit information
else ()
  # modules are linked via `VTK::CommonCore`
  # vtk_module_autoinit is needed
  Find_package(VTK COMPONENTS
  ChartsCore
  CommonColor
  CommonComputationalGeometry
  CommonSystem
  FiltersExtraction
  FiltersFlowPaths
  FiltersGeneric
  FiltersGeometry
  FiltersHybrid
  FiltersModeling
  # FiltersParallelStatistics #  Optional
  FiltersPoints
  FiltersProgrammable
  FiltersTexture
  FiltersVerdict
  GeovisCore
  IOExodus
  IOExport
  # IOFFMPEG # Optional
  IOImport
  IOInfovis
  # IOMySQL # Optional
  IOPLY
  IOParallel
  IOParallelXML
  ImagingColor
  ImagingFourier
  ImagingHybrid
  ImagingMath
  ImagingMorphological
  ImagingSources
  ImagingStatistics
  ImagingStencil
  # InfovisBoostGraphAlgorithms # Optional
  InfovisLayout
  InteractionImage
  RenderingAnnotation
  RenderingContextOpenGL2
  RenderingImage
  RenderingLOD
  RenderingLabel
  RenderingOpenGL2
  RenderingVolumeOpenGL2
  TestingGenericBridge
  TestingRendering
  ViewsContext2D
  ViewsInfovis
)
endif ()
add_executable(ReadOBJ MACOSX_BUNDLE ReadOBJ.cxx )
target_link_libraries(ReadOBJ ${VTK_LIBRARIES})

--
Unpaid intern in BillsParadise at noware dot com