[vtk-developers] Passing arbitrary float data to a shader through a vtkTexture

Patrick Bergeron pbergeron at spiria.com
Mon Feb 18 19:07:41 EST 2019

Hi.

I am trying to pass custom float data to my shader in the form of a vtkTexture which contains VTK_FLOAT data (4 components).

As per the documentation, it appears that float data in the image buffer gets clamped in the 0-1 range, which is a huge problem for me as I'm only getting 0-1 data in the shader: I need the pixel data to be the actual float data (which can be anything, not restricted to any particular range).

How can I do this in VTK ?

Patrick.