[vtk-developers] saving a volume rendered dicom image(3d image)

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Mon Feb 18 07:28:15 EST 2019

Hi,

If you would like to save the transformed volume data, you would have to
apply the camera transform to the volume and save it to DICOM (using the
vtk-dicom module) or a *.vti file (using vtkXMLImageDataWriter).

If you’d just like to restore the camera interactions from the previous
run, just save the camera parameters and re-apply them when restoring.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Sankhesh
​

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 12:45 AM aiswaryakv <aiswaryakviyer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am a new VTK user. I can display a 3d volume rendered image in qt.(Qt is
> my
> working platform). Now I should save this volume rendered image to a local
> file. The image should be saved as follows:
> If I done some modifications in the image (rotation, translation etc.) that
> image view must be saved in a file and further when I click for that image
> the modified image should be displayed.
> How can I solve this problem?
> I have attached my 3d image view code.
> 3dViewer.cpp <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342696/3dViewer.cpp>
>

> --
> Sent from: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/VTK-Dev-f1251487.html

Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417
​