[vtk-developers] BandedPolyDataContourFilter failes to compile on Ubuntu 14

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Tue Feb 5 16:49:22 EST 2019

VTK has documented that it supports gcc 4.8.3+ (In the readme, in the
buildsystem, and in the code). and therefore we better do so.

In the past when updating minimum compiler versions have done so
through first verifying that the compilers can be updated without
major inconvenience to users. I haven't seen anyone do a survey for
dropping GCC 4.8. Are we happy dropping the default compiler for the
latest Red Hat Enterprise release?