[vtk-developers] Python Wrapping fails in master build.

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:07:01 EDT 2018

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 6:18 AM Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel at kitware.com> wrote:

> I wonder if the file isn't being flushed before it exits? Could that
> cause an issue?

That was what I was thinking, too.  If so, the newly-added fclose()
might fix the issue, since fclose() flushes the file.

> It also seems to have an issue *opening* the output file. Is it
> possible to extract the error message somehow for when this occurs?

We could patch vtkWrapPython.c to print the numerical value of errno
on failure, and messages for the most likely values (EACCES, ENOENT).

Maybe an AV is getting in our way?

An AV?