[vtk-developers] QVTKRenderWindowInteractor bug in Mac OS

take5v stas.truhan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:21:13 EDT 2018

Dear developers and others,

I'd like to visualize grayscale images with python, VTK and PyQt5. So, I've
made this script with Qt Application and embedded
QVTKRenderWindowInteractor. Please have a look into my gist
https://gist.github.com/take5v/1df1e4f4222f49cf05cbf59b1f89a9ea.

The issue is that the vtkPropPicker gives wrong world coordinates while
event coordinates are correct. This bug I could reproduce only on Mac Os,
not on Windows and Ubuntu.

I found probably a workaround that was made for c++ QVTKOpenGLWindow class
which wasn't been wrapped for python:
https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/c6eb8803c44b13947f959aed7b4e551e5e2915db/GUISupport/Qt/QVTKOpenGLWindow.cxx#L266.

My setup:
macOS Mojave 10.14