[vtk-developers] vtk test data for remote module?

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jcfr at kitware.com
Thu Oct 18 17:01:11 EDT 2018

Hi Aaron,

> the git parts, like the pre-commit hook and the gitlab-push command are
no longer available in the remote module
> The data is about 2.7 Mb, so one possibility is to just commit the data
directly in the remote repository, I suppose, but I'm not sure how ctest
will then interact with it

The hook and other bash function are just a convenience, you could upload
the file named to Girder and add a template to ensure it can be downloaded.
For example, see here
<https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/3d195c2d9390ce510f3b390541999a599360bf1e/CMake/vtkExternalData.cmake#L59-L60>
That said, if the module vtkExternalData is already included by the remote
build buildsysten, uploading the data manually to girder will be sufficient.

Hth
Jc