[vtk-developers] Offscreen rendering

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Sat Nov 24 14:59:17 EST 2018

On 11/23/18 10:01 AM, Ken Martin wrote:
> In vtk master I think the answer for all of those is to call
> OffScreenRenderingOn() prior to the first render.  Or after the first render
> to call
>
> ShowWindow(false)
> UseOffScreenBuffers(true)

I see that you've centralized some of the code recently but you still need to
enable EGL or Mesa at build time, and that can still be a bit tricky, right?

Would it at all be possible to support one VTK build that has all the possible
options available?  i.e. EGL, OSMesa, and the normal backend?  Or is that simply
impossible to do on all platforms?  Would it make sense to bundle OSMesa with
VTK?  At least on Linux this would make many things very convenient.

Regards,

Prabhu