[vtk-developers] Incorrect color function in vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors with lookupTable

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:56:17 EDT 2018

Hi Victor,

I have updated the vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors documentation according
to my understanding of how it works:
https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors.html
Honestly I think the class would be better without the "color modulation"
feature.  If you are displaying grayscale, you can use the class without a
lookup table.

It might be possible to set GL_UNSIGNED_INT_2_10_10_10_REV in VTK if you
make your own frame buffer object, but you can't use it with any of the
usual image viewers or image mappers that are already in VTK, since they
all assume 8 bits per color component for the display.  The luminance via
RGB trick should work fine if you have a suitable grayscale monitor with
RGB input.

 - David