[vtk-developers] vtk remote modules - more than one filter per?

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Mon May 21 11:23:40 EDT 2018

Hi Bill and vtk-devs,

I've successfully added a filter as a remote module to VTK, following
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Remote_Modules, and it works great. However,
I would like to combine two or more filters in a single repository. I think
I could enable them together as a single remote module, but is there a way
to allow them to be enabled separately?

I think I'm running afoul of the 2-level module globbing of VTK - since my
filters are 3 levels deep from the root. Is there a sensible way to
instruct cmake to look in my two subfolders?

I've tried a couple things, like adding a dummy module, with a
CMakeLists.txt that does add_subdirectory() for each, but cmake seems to be
ignoring my CMakeLists.txt

(Bill, I pinged you since you wrote the wiki page...)

Thanks!
Aron