[vtk-developers] Add pugixml to VTK

Jonathan Borduas jonathan.borduas at caboma.com
Wed Jun 20 12:07:20 EDT 2018

My 2 cents here is that speed is of the essence. Validating XML are good for debugging, however I found that most don’t take the time to create an XSD file to enable the validation.

In most of our cases at Caboma, XML and meant to be human readable and editable, but it is rare that we manually edit the structure of an XML file.

However, we do wait after .xml parsing when the files are 20mb+. We hope that the community would move to the latest version of pugixml (1.9): by looking at the changelogs, there was a lot of performance improvements since version 1.4 (the current version used in ParaView).
https://pugixml.org/docs/manual.html#v1.5

Best

Jonathan Borduas
CTO, Caboma Inc.