[vtk-developers] Voronoi2D

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jun 18 06:56:13 EDT 2018

If all goes well, I'm thinking we'll likely maintain the current Delaunay
algorithms as reference implementations (as they are classic, serial
insertion approaches) and extend the new Voronoi classes to optionally
output Delaunay triangulations. This will likely take a while and we may
not replicate all features found in vtkDelaunay classes (e.g., alpha
shapes). However I've been down the path of mesh generation before and it
is littered with the bodies of gotchas and numerical instabilities so I
reserve the right to be cautious :-) However if David can successfully pull
off the 3D implementation in vtk-m it is likely to be very fast and more
robust, which is why we are quite excited about the work. And needless to
say I'm hoping community members will help out in any way they can.

will.schroeder at kitware.com
http://www.kitware.com
(518) 881-4902