[vtk-developers] Add pugixml to VTK

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Tue Jul 17 09:54:05 EDT 2018

Hi all,
I have 4 responses so far, all for adding pugixml to VTK. I'll go ahead and
do it. ParaView, CMB and SMTK would benefit
as they'll have less maintenance cost and VTK will have access to pugi.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 9:20 PM Patrick Bergeron <pbergeron at spiria.com>
wrote:

> Have you guys tried profiling what happens during those 2 minutes?
>
> > On Jul 6, 2018, at 17:56, Elvis Stansvik <elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com>
> wrote:

> >:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Here’s a large xml (paraview statefile with 200+ sphere). It weighs
> 17.5 MB.
> >> It takes 1-2 minutes to load with pugixml 1.4 on ParaView.

Indeed, this seem like a long time. Do you mind filing a bug report and
attaching the state file. Not sure what is the reason for this.