[vtk-developers] Merge request process ?

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Thu Jul 5 08:26:35 EDT 2018

Hello Patrick,

First a big thank you ! It is always great to have external contribution
and I agree to say that our process shoudl be explained more clearly.

If you think your Merge Request is ready to be tested and merged, please
tag a VTK developpers on it so we can review it.
Please read the VTK coding standard to be sure that your code is following
it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nzinw-dR5JQRNi_gb8qwLL5PnkGMK2FETlQGLr10tZw/edit

The easiest to know how to tag could be by using git blame on the file you
are modifying.
In any case you can always tag : @ken\-martin @berkgeveci @mwestphal
@jpouderoux @allisonvacanti @demarle @dgobbi @cory.quammen @acbauer
Just to name a few.
You can also send an email on this mailing list asking for reviews and
tests, while describing a little bit so people quickly reading their mail
can know if they are interested or not.

Once you have a total of "+2" on your MR, and tests passes, you can ask for
a merge, and we will take care of it.

Best regards,

For those how want to take a look, here are Patrick's contributions
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4451
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4452
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4461
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4462