[vtk-developers] VTK-8.1.0 compilation troubles on OS X Sierra 10.12.6

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:36:37 EST 2018

I haven't seen a build error like this before, but the important part of
the error message is here:

> /Users/clementj/DeveloppementLogiciel/Sources/VTK-8.1.0/GUISupport/Qt/
> QVTKInteractor.h:44:30:
> error: variable has
>      incomplete type 'class VTKGUISUPPORTQT_EXPORT'
> class VTKGUISUPPORTQT_EXPORT QVTKInteractor : public
> vtkRenderWindowInteractor

The error indicates that the VTKGUISUPPORTQT_EXPORT macro is not defined.
It should be defined in the header GUISupport/Qt/vtkGUISupportQtModule.h
(in the build tree).
Can you check your build to make sure that this header exists, and that it
defines the macro?
This header is generated by cmake, so the best thing is to delete the
header, and
then re-run cmake so that the header will be regenerated.

 - David