[vtk-developers] Dashboard android build errors and data compression warnings

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Mon Jan 29 10:53:04 EST 2018

I looked into the Android CMake Error issues. The actual error message from
CMake is as follows:

CMake Error:
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<LINK_ONLY:vtkCommonMath>

  $<LINK_ONLY:...> may only be used for linking

CMake Error:
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<LINK_ONLY:vtkCommonMisc>

  $<LINK_ONLY:...> may only be used for linking

CMake Error:
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<LINK_ONLY:vtkCommonSystem>

  $<LINK_ONLY:...> may only be used for linking

CMake Error:

Turns out, CMake’s install(EXPORT_ANDROID_MK ..) does not support $<LINK_ONLY
...> generator expressions.

I’ll punt on the Android.mk export for now until the issue is fixed in
cmake.

Best,
Sankhesh
​