[vtk-developers] VTK Particle Tracking

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jan 8 08:27:46 EST 2018

Kitware does this sort of thing all the time. Generally a support contract
or a customized contract depending on scope etc. Feel free to reach out if
you need assistance.
Best,
Will

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 8:24 AM, Tom Hampshire <
tom.hampshire at goldstandardphantoms.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Firstly, let me preface this post by apologising if this is not an
> appropriate place to make this post. If this is the case, please would
> someone let me know a more appropriate location.
>
> I have included below a brief for a VTK software development project that
> we wish to contract a developer to work on.
>
> # Introduction
>
> We would like a particle tracker developed in VTK (C++). The code must be
> very documented/commented and tested. The work will involve the development
> of a simple filter, and construction of a VTK pipeline with pre-defined
> inputs and outputs. The particle tracker must have a parallel processing
> implementation.
>
> # Project details
>
> The particle tracker must:
>
> *  Be built using the latest repository version of VTK.
> *  Implement multithreaded parallel processing, dividing the work amongst
> CPU cores running on the same machine. The parallelisation should occur
> across particles, rather than across the Eulerian space.
> *  The implementation must use the new `LagrangianParticleTracker` filter,
> offering a completely configurable implementation of the Lagrangian
> Particle Tracking (LPT) algorithm, and creating a subclass of the `
> vtkLagrangianBasicIntegrationModel`.
> *  The `FunctionValues` method, at this stage, will simply move the
> particle position based on the underlying velocity field.
> *  The input velocity field should be read either from both an OpenFOAM (
> https://openfoam.org/) dataset, using the `vtkOpenFOAMReader`, and also a
> `.vtk` file using the `vtkDataSetReader`. Example files will be supplied.
> *  The input velocity field will be split into three domains and how the
> particle moves will depend on the domain that the particle is in.
> Therefore, the `vtkLagrangianBasicIntegrationModel` subclass should take
> into account the current domain of the particle (this will be extended by
> us, so this functionality must be in place).
> *  The input particles will be evenly distributed over a circular plane.
> *  The `vtkRungeKutta45` class must be used in the integration model.
> *  Particle integration will terminate if exiting the flow domain.
>
> The outputs of the code should be:
>
> *  The particle positions at every *n* milliseconds of the integration.
> *  Which domain the particle is in at each of these times.
> *  Whether the particle is 'live' or has been terminated by exiting the
> flow domain.
>
> # Contact
>
> Submissions of quotes and direct enquiries should be made to:
>
> Tom Hampshire (tom.hampshire at goldstandardphantoms.com)
>
> --
> Tom Hampshire, PhD
> Chief Information Officer
>

> Gold Standard Phantoms,
> Unit 103 Belgravia Workshops,
> 159-163 Marlborough Rd,
> London. N19 4NF.
>
> Registered in England and Wales.
> [...]

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc. - Building the World's Technical Computing Software
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
will.schroeder at kitware.com
http://www.kitware.com