[vtk-developers] Fractional DPI scaling not supported by QVTKOpenGLWidget?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Feb 26 11:13:54 EST 2018

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 5:14 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

> >> Elvis,
> >>
> >> I don't believe there is a reason we can't use the qreal version of
> >> devicePixelRatioF(). I think the F may have gotten dropped in a series
> of
> >> commits to improve DPI support.
> >>
> >> A patch would be welcome.
> >
> > Great, I'll take a stab at it.
>
> Things got in the way, but now there's a WIP MR from me:
>
>     https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/3973
>
> Marcus: I need your advice on
> QVTKInteractorAdapter::SetDevicePixelRatio(...) (see question in the
> MR).

Replied in the MR, but this was a bug we were seeing on macOS at the time.
I mentioned it in the commit message, but it would have been helpful to add
a comment in the code. I am not sure if that bug is still relevant, we
don't do a lot of testing on macOS with the combination of retinal and
non-retinal multi-monitor set ups. Maybe that is too niche to worry about
too much too?