[vtk-developers] Multiple overlapping volumes

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Mon Feb 26 04:06:23 EST 2018

Hi folks,

I think I asked about support for rendering multiple overlapping
volumes a couple of years ago, but can't find the mail.

I just came across this wiki page from June last year:

    https://na-mic.org/wiki/Project_Week_25/Next_Generation_GPU_Volume_Rendering

It mentions that "Multiple volume support is in development at
Kitware" and lists "Overlapping volumes - multiple inputs to mapper"
under "Work in progress".

I'm just curious if that work was continued or put on hold.

I also found https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=ML9_JWAz1kY
which shows a proof-of-concept in WebGL (uploaded by Steve Pieper).
Anyone know if the code for that experiment is available? Was it done
using/on top of VTK.js?

Best regards,
Elvis