[vtk-developers] VTK HDF5 libraries renamed to now have "_src" suffix? Bug?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Feb 12 16:10:41 EST 2018

Hi all,

I guess HDF5 was recently updated?  Now, building & installing VTK results in library filenames with "_src" appended.  ex: from "libvtkhdf5_hl.a" to "libvtkhdf5_hl_src.a".

Was that change deliberate?  In our usage, where our app's Xcode project references libraries by name, it's super annoying when the lib names change.  Even if it was deliberate, it seems to be a change that doesn't add much, but breaks compatibility.

PS: I'm back from vacation. :)

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com