[vtk-developers] Fractional DPI scaling not supported by QVTKOpenGLWidget?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Feb 9 12:03:18 EST 2018

Den 9 feb. 2018 5:56 em skrev "Marcus D. Hanwell" <
marcus.hanwell at kitware.com>:

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

> > Elvis,
> >
> > I don't believe there is a reason we can't use the qreal version of
> > devicePixelRatioF(). I think the F may have gotten dropped in a series of
> > commits to improve DPI support.
> >
> > A patch would be welcome.
>
> Great, I'll take a stab at it.
>
> I know for my part I had hoped to work with the fractional API, but only
had real examples using integer values. So the real-world examples drove
the testing/development we did as we were getting this working in Tomviz.
It would be great to collect some examples of non-integer situations we
might do some verification on.

A simple test for this specific issue I think would be to simply create a
QVTKOpenGLWidget with e.g. QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR="1.4" in the
environment (assuming the test runs on screen 0) and check that the
vtkWindow has the correct size.

Elvis