[vtk-developers] Up-to-date vtk-master debs?

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Wed Dec 19 10:43:22 EST 2018

On Wed, 2018-12-19 at 16:37 +0100, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> I may have time to help, but mostly with testing, as I'm no seasoned
> Debian packager myself.

One of the first steps is to get dh-cmake ready for integration into
Debian. We have a working prototype, but it still needs documentation
and man pages. We also made some slight changes to the new CPack
External generator, and dh-cmake has to be updated to account for this
(the -G parameter has to be changed from "Ext" to "External" - this is
a very simple change, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.)

If you'd like to help with this, you can find the code at https://gitla
b.kitware.com/debian/dh-cmake .

> BTW, do you know if the packages would in the end work with Ubuntu
> 18.04 LTS?

That's the plan, but Debian and Ubuntu are packaged slightly
differently, so the Ubuntu package would have to be tested and possibly
changed to account for these differences.

Kyle