[vtk-developers] Up-to-date vtk-master debs?

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Wed Dec 19 09:49:55 EST 2018

Elvis,

Unfortunately, we're still a few months out from being able to complete
this. That being said, if anyone wants to volunteer to help, I do have
a plan of action for finishing this project. Email me and I can give
more details of what needs to be done.

The biggest holdup at the moment is that VTK recently switched to a new
module system which changes how it gets built. The packaging will have
to be updated to account for this. It's also not a set-it-and-forget-it
kind of thing - VTK is constantly changing and evolving, and we will
always have to update the packaging as both VTK and Debian change. I
wrote dh-cmake and added CTest dashboard functionality to make this
easier, but there's still some work that has to go into the packaging
to get it up to snuff with Debian policies.

Kyle