[vtk-developers] VTKBook Strawman - Chapter 3

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 03:33:00 EDT 2018

I'm having a go at converting what Bill has done to Latex.

This is because Latex is really good at handling equations etc. Also it is
easy to produce a PDF for publication for those who want a book format.

I'm converting the markdown files that Bill has already done.

Here is my first attempt at the Preface. I think I cal also add a little
image at the top of each chapter.

My Latex is pretty rusty but I will also have a go at Chapter 3 and 6.

Regards
   Andrew

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Definitely, need to find a solution. Note that the pdf also is messed up.
> .
>
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018, 6:21 PM Todd <nztoddler at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill
>>
>> Apart from the missing equations, parts of the text refer to the equation
>> variables. It would be great if the solution for embedding the equations
>> also permitted these to be displayed nicely.
>>
>> Todd

Andrew J. P. Maclean