[vtk-developers] VTKBook Strawman - Chapter 3

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:06:20 EDT 2018

Folks,

Take a look at: https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/VTKBook/Chapter3/

In this Chapter,

1) Replaced badly converted equations with an admonition.

2) Added an admonition for missing examples.

3) Most importantly, I was able to extract the manually created
figures. The graphics converted just fine, but no text. I added the
text to these figures.

There is still some work to be done on the chapter. Notably recovering
the equations. I'm looking for ways to do this. This effort will
require access to the original Framemaker files, possibly requiring an
export from FrameMaker to a more portable format than .fm files.\

I also converted the Preface and Introduction:

https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/VTKBook/Preface/

https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/VTKBook/Introduction/

As usual, please reply with comments.

Bill